Garmin GPS device provides users information of the route by their route navigation facility while they are on the road. By the help of this, commuters can get exact information which is provided by the GPS, As GPS receives current route details direct from the satellites. The best thing is that all the route information also saved for future use. Sometime users may face tech problems when they are using Garmin GPS. Memory Full Error in Garmin GPS is one of the major ones in them. But no worry this error can be addressed by performing the simple troubleshooting procedure.
You can fix the ‘Memory Full Error Garmin GPS’ by resetting the device or deleting the route data from the device are the two simple steps which user can perform. Resetting the device helps you to restore your device to the default settings; the device will be empty after that. Read this whole article to get know the procedure how to remove ‘Memory Full Error in Garmin GPS’.
Here’s what you need to do:
Delete Archive Files – For Windows:
- The first thing you have to do is to connect your device to your system.
- For connecting your device to the system, you surely require Garmin Express.
- This is a link from that you can download and install Garmin Express by visiting: garmin.com/express.
- Open Garmin GPS folder when your device has been connected to the system.
- In C drive of your computer, you will find Garmin GPS folder.
- When you opened the Garmin folder double-click on it to open GPX folder.
- Then look for Archive folder and open it.
- Then, after selecting the whole content, right click on it and choose ‘Delete’ option from the list.
- Wait for a moment until the files will be deleted. Check for the error message after that.
Delete Archive Files – For Mac:–
Connect your device to the system if Garmin express has already installed on your system.
- After that, open Garmin Drive and open GPX folder.
- In GPX folder you can see the Archive folder, please open it.
- After opening the archive folder remove the entire content and then empty Trash also.
- When you successfully deleted the archive files from the Garmin, your ‘Memory Full Error Garmin GPS’ will be eliminated. If the issue still same, you have to perform another method. You can do the Hard Reset to eliminate the error.
Steps to do Hard Reset:
- Please ensure that your device is directly well connected to the wall socket.
- Then press the Power button to turn it OFF and wait for some seconds.
- After that, press the Power button to turn on the device.
- When the device is turning on, press the bottom which is shown at the right corner of the screen.
- Now you will see a pop-up on the screen to hard reset.
- Press ‘Yes’ or ‘confirm’ to move forward and wait till the process gets completed.
For further inquiry, you may speak to GARMIN GPS SUPPORT USA: +1-844-313-6006.